20th July 2022
Color Riche is L’Oreal Paris’ no1 Lipstick range, so we have a thing or two to share about the upcoming National Lipstick Day (29th July).
Please see a list below of some interesting lipstick insights and stats that might support any stories you are working on.
L’Oreal Paris Lipsticks (Color Riche Satin and our new ranges) high res imagery and press releases here: NATIONAL LIPSTICK DAY 29TH JULY
L’Oreal Paris stats:
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche is our #1 lipstick range in the UK
- The most popular lipstick colour for L’Oreal Paris is a classic nude shade: L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Satin Lipstick in Beige A Nu (image attached)
- The most popular red lipstick for L’Oreal Paris is L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Satin Lipstick in Chez Lui (image attached)
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche launched in 1985 – the range is nearly 40 years old (37 years old)
UK consumer stats:
Who is using lipstick?
- The most popular users of Lipstick are Gen X (42-57 yo) - they use lipstick the most (48%) as part of their routine
- Since the COVID restrictions have lifted this year, younger women (Gen Z: 10-25 yo, Young Millennials: 26 – 30yo, Older Millennials: 31 – 41 yo) are using more makeup products and favour lipgloss more, whereas Older Millennials, Gen X, Boomers: 58 – 76 yo (& above) are using Lipstick and Eyeshadow more
- Young Millennials use Liquid Lipstick the most
How are they using lipstick?
- Lipstick is the one consistent product used across the three main makeup looks for UK women (natural, subtle and full glam) which consist from four products to eight products
- 3 in 4 makeup users use a lip product as part of their everyday look
- 92% use a lip product as part of their ‘special occasion look’
- Lipstick is most often used just on lips, but when used elsewhere it is used as a blusher – this is driven by younger generations
What Lipstick are they using?
- The most popular lipstick shades for the day are:
- Nude (68%) - The most popular lipstick colour for L’Oreal Paris is a classic nude shade: L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Satin Lipstick in Beige A Nu (image attached)
- Subtle (61%)
- Bright red (11%)
- The most popular lipstick colours for the evening are:
- Bright red (47%) - The most popular red lipstick for L’Oreal Paris is L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Satin Lipstick in Chez Lui (image attached)
- Neon (12%)
- Bright/unnatural (10%)
Please credit all stats above as: L’Oreal Paris Consumer Market Insight Statistics, June 2022, 3636 UK participants.
Do let me know if you need any further information.