15th February 2021
02 February 2021
Trends for longer travel and ‘workcations’ lead to launch of ‘Mini Adventures’
G Adventures announces programme of 36 ‘add-on’ trips in popular cities
Travel may be on hold for the immediate future, but that is not stopping travellers from planning what their future holidays look like. New survey results indicate almost half of British travellers will book longer trips, with a significant number hoping to capitalise on remote work arrangements by taking a ‘workcation’ and combining their travel with work to extend their time away.
It’s these emerging trends that have led community tourism pioneer, G Adventures, to launch a new programme of 36 culturally immersive ‘Mini Adventures’ - two- to six-day short breaks with experiences across 28 cities in 19 countries globally. These trips, which are priced from £159pp*, can be booked as extensions to an existing G Adventures tour, and also standalone for those wanting to make the most of an extended stay in a city they are visiting for leisure or work purposes.
Supporting the announcement of the new Mini Adventures is a recent survey** of more than 3,338 travellers, conducted by G Adventures, nearly half of British respondents (45%) will take longer trips when they ‘retravel’ internationally, with 64% of those doing so saying they will travel for three weeks or longer.
Additionally, a third (32%) of Brits said they can now “work from anywhere”, offering travellers the opportunity to work while on the road.
The new Mini Adventures are available across three of G Adventures’ well-known travel styles; 18-to-Thirtysomethings, Active and Classic, and are all led by a G Adventures CEO (chief experience officer) who knows the local area inside out. The Mini Adventures each embrace G Adventures’ style of community tourism that supports local people and businesses, and all Mini Adventures provide experiences that are unique to existing G Adventures itineraries.
Additionally, all Mini Adventures feature the heightened health and safety measures that have been implemented across all tours as part of G Adventures’ new ‘Travel with Confidence’ policy.
The 36 Mini Adventures are all available to book now, with trips including the following:
- A four-day Classic Ho Chi Minh City Mini Adventure is priced from £269 per person and includes a unique culinary tour on the back of a motorbike and a backstreets of Ho Chi Minh City walking tour.
- A three-day Classic Bangkok Mini Adventure is priced from £219 per person and includes a visit to the Grand Palace, a klong riverboat cruise along the canals to Chinatown for a street food experience and a traditional Thai foot massage.
- The three- day 18-to-thirtysomething Cusco Mini Adventure is priced from £139 per person and includes visits to the city’s ancient ruins and temples including hiking in the countryside outside Cusco.
- A three-day Classic Reykjavik Winter Mini Adventure starts from £569 per person and includes a walking tour of the city’s street art and the opportunity to hunt for the northern lights by boat.
- A three-day Classic Marrakech Mini Adventure is priced from £289 per person and includes two nights in a riad, a Tanjia cooking experience, and a hands-on experience with artisans who have mastered the crafts of wood turning and painting, and leather and brassware production.
- A three-day 18-to-Thirtysomethings Havana Mini Adventure is priced from £149pp and includes an alternative walking tour of Havana’s less visited barrios, a visit to a ‘bodega’ ration store, and an unforgettable taxi ride in an iconic classic car.
- A four-day Classic Istanbul Mini Adventure is priced from £269pp during which travellers will visit little-known subterranean ruins, enjoy a culinary walking tour in Istanbul’s trendiest districts and cruise the Bosphorus Strait.
- A six-day 18-to-Thirtysomethings Laos Mini Adventure travelling from Luang Prabang to Vientiane is priced from £429pp and includes a street food crawl, a sunrise alms-giving ceremony in Luang Prabang and a guided hike overlooking the valleys of Vang Vieng.
For more information on G Adventures or to book, please call 020 7313 6938 or visit www.gadventures.com.